Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What does this say about me? A continuing series...


Sometimes just opening your email can lead to a crisis of identity. Case in point: A few days ago, I got this gem in my inbox:
.
Dear Amazon.com Customer,
As someone who has purchased or rated books by William Makepeace Thackeray, you might like to know that The English Humourists of the Eighteenth Century: A Series of Lectures is now available. You can order yours for just $16.98 by following the link below.
The English Humourists of the Eighteenth Century: A Series of Lectures William Makepeace ThackerayPrice: $16.98.
.
Really? Amazon thinks I might like to know that a series of lectures about 18th century humorists is available? I think I had better laugh, because if I don't I might cry.
.
I hope none of my flesh and blood friends think I might like to know that The English Humorists of the Eighteenth Century: A Series of Lectures is now available.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Yeh, I thought you were more of a 17th century humorist guy