Sunday, November 9, 2008

Perhaps we are all hypocrits


http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1108/Rick_vsJoe.html?showall
.
Joe the Plumber gets grilled. A victim of the 24 hour news cycle and, not surprisingly, his views don't really live up even to the scrutiny of a not-very-skilled interviewer. Should I feel schaudenfruede? Should anyone? I know many must, but I don't. Why don't we know more as an electorate? There is so much information out there. Shouldn't we be able to form intellectually honest opinions guided by a well formed moral compass? Shouldn't we be able to separate truth from spin?
.
I worry that with so much information there is simply no way to know what is truth. So many complain about the liberal MSM, but why not change the channel? Buy a different magazine. Listen to a different radio station. Their truth is how they report it. I don't know that there is a "mainstream" to the media.

No comments: