Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Mite Too Seriously


http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081023/ap_on_fe_st/as_japan_avatar_murder

Having your avatar hacked and murdered because it got married to someone in cyberspace that is not your spouse irl? This is a bad way to go. And a weird thing to get vitually murderously upset about.... But I will tell you that I have certainly met plenty of folks in IMVU who take their relationships in here VERY seriously. Which is fine, I guess, until you start to have negative emotions or associations about your interactions with people on IMVU.

Isn't there enough drama in our real lives that we should do our best to avoid drama in here? If someone gets too intense, too angry, too intimidating, too demanding, just leave them be. Don't we have enough difficulty with commitment irl to be trying to live up to "real" commitments with imaginary people?

I do my best to be non-judgmental, because IMVU is definitely about tolerance and letting people do what they enjoy. So if you are someone who takes their roles on here seriously, please don't take offense. I'd like to understand better.

But know beforehand that I don't quite get it.

No comments: