Sunday, November 11, 2007

Welcome to my Blog

Hello cyberspace! I haven't done a blog before, but I like to write, so I think it's a bit of a natural fit. What I hope to do is just post kind of frequently with real short comments that come to my head. It might end up being about soccer, about college football or basketball, about the Redskins, about politics, about pop culture. Depending on how comfortable I get with this thing, it might also be about what really is important to me, like my son, my job, my relationship with the X.

Anyway, I don't know, so I won't try to guess.

Today, I actually have a chance to watch my beloved Tar Heels play football. My sweet son is thankfully sleeping peacefully (what will I do when he does finally give up his nap???). They are hanging in against NCState, which is nice to see. This team under new coach Butch Davis has only been blown out once this season and that was against South Florida who was #3 in the nation at one point. That's the big difference between the team last year and the team this year. Last year they'd play well in the first half and hand with some really good teams, but end up getting tired or discouraged and get blown out. This year, they seem to be able to weather mistakes and deficiencies in the first half and make the other team work in the second half. The half time adjustments are also solid and suggest that Butch Davis is a wee bit smarter than John Bunting...

No comments: