Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dallas and Death

No, no one died this week (at least that I know of) but I hope most folks know that John F Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas. I went to the museum that they have on the floor of the building that the assassin Lee Harvey Oswald fired from. It's an interesting museum and although I've never been much interested in all the conspiracy theories, being there made me more curious about the different explanations disagreeing with the Warren Commission. It was genuinely chilling to be right next to where the shooter lay in wait to kill on of the great American presidents. A weird experience to say the least.

Dallas as a city didn't exactly win me over, but it wasn't as bad as I feared. Had some great TexMex (of course), a good steak, and some really good bar b q (didn't convert me from NC barbeque but that's another entry. The West End area of Dallas was quite decent, with some nice bars and good restaurants. I'm not champing at the bit to go back, but the edge has been taken off of my "hate." LOL.

No comments: